Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Meet Jack and Jill!!

These two have completely stolen my heart and become part of our family. They've given me hope and a reason to get up bright and early. They greet me with kisses and remind me to smile every single day.
A photo posted by A To Z Alpacas (@atozalpacas) on

Jack is a week older than Jill but that isn't why he is so much bigger. Jack is the BIGGEST cria, weighing as much as a 3 week old at birth!! and Jill is the SMALLEST cria ever :) She is literally 2/3 rds the size of Jack.



Jill is a sweetie who is very concerned about getting fed. lol her favorite time is bottle time. She was super weak at birth and we almost lost her. She was born on a cold day in the middle of a giant mud puddle. Her body temp dropped quite low so she wasn't eating properly. I bottle fed her and had her with her mom who was interested but didn't really like her milk bag touched by anything. She was sore and baby was hungry. So once Jill got the colostrum she joined Jack in the garage. She was happy to be here, most times when you separate mom and baby there is a period of sadness for them but she didn't seem to mind at all.. in fact she was much more contented with us.




Jack was about an hour old when I met him for the first time and he had 3 sisters born the same day. The moms were confused and Jacks real mom thought Keagan's new baby was hers. So Jack decided I was gonna be his mom and he followed me all the way through the herd and back to the house. He came right into the garage and laid beside my chair and had a nap. He never had an interest to be back out with the alpacas, he was home with me <3




Both had a rough first 10 days.. Jill was even longer. But with persistent care, lots of prayers and love they made it through and have helped me make it through the past 2 months.

For more videos and photos visit my instagram account, @atozalpacas or join my group on Facebook called Friends of A to Z Alpacas.

If you live close and want to kiss my babies let me know!

XOXO Leslie

2 comments:

  1. I love your choice of names and know exactly what you mean about them giving you a reason to get out of bed in the morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your choice of names and know exactly what you mean about them giving you a reason to get out of bed in the morning. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and let me know what you thought of the post :)